Firstly I’d just like to apologise for my rather long absence. School has been rather hectic of late, but have no fear I am back with a whole heap of fantastic posts lined up for you.
So after being so kindly nominated by Alina over at Radiant Reads, to take part of the Liebster Awards, this is my somewhat belated response.
And thus, without further adieu, the questions!
1) If you could live for one week in a fictional universe, three months in another, and six months in a third, which would they be?
This is such a tough one! There are SO many different universes that I would love to experience! Hmmm, I think if I had to choose, I’d go with the Harry Potter universe for a week, I mean, come one, who wouldn’t want to try their hand at magic!? For three months I’d love to go to Gallagher Girls academy and pick up a few tips of espionage (you never know when those are going to come in handy…), and I’d spend six months in Medora. A place where technology and magic are virtually the same thing? Um, yes please!
2) What is one book that can cheer you up always, no matter what?
Oooh, for this one, I think I’m going to have to go with Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. 19th century sarcasm and mockery never fails to get a smile back on this persons dial!
3) How do you handle having the ending of a book or a huge plot twist spoiled for you?
Personally, I’m actually not too bad when this happens. Sure I’ll be a little disappointed in not getting to work the plot out for myself, or try to ‘call’ the ending, but I won’t get TOO mad. I guess it’s also not too much of a problem for me, as I’m usually the one who’s read a book first – it’s quite convenient really.
4) How many book are currently on your TBR?
Oh goodness. Well, on my Goodreads ‘to read‘ list, there are currently 415 books, but that’s not counting the piles I have strewn around my room, the list on the ‘notes’ app on my phone, or the list I have going in my head.
You know what they so, ‘so many books, so little time”.
5) If you were a teacher at Hogwarts, what class would you teach?
Ooooh, this is really cool. I’ve never thought about this, but maybe transfiguration? I think that’d be an area I’d have an interest in. Or maybe history (such a nerd I know), but really, if I love normal history so much then how much more would I love wizarding history!
6) You can choose an author to write your life story. Which author do you pick for the task?
Now this is a tough one. Sifting through authors in my head, I’d probably have to go with either Lynette Noni or John Green, just because the way they use language and write their dialogue really resonates with me. I admire wit you see.
7) What is your go to snack while reading?
If I’m honest here, I’m one of those people who get so caught up in a book that I can’t really concentrate on eating at the same time. If I had to choose something I love to eat while reading though, I’d have to go with Malteasers. They’re just so yummy!
8) You have to abandon your home and can only take THREE books with you. Which are they?
Ahhhh, this is so hard!!! I think I’d have to go however, with my bible, Pride and Prejudice and Akarnae. A little it of everything.
9) Do you have a favourite bookmark? If so please share!
Unfortunately I actually don’t. I am known to doggy-ear pages (I’m sorry to all those who see this as sacrilege!). I like books to have character, to show that they are loved, and doggy-earring just adds to the character.
10) If your favourite character were an ice-cream flavour, what would they be?
Now that is a cool question. The problem is, it first requires picking a favourite character. Alrighty, for the purpose of this question, I’m going to go with Jordan from Akarnae. If he were an icecream flavour, I think he’d be like a passionfruit sorbet. Something zesty that has a slight kick to it, but still sweet at the same time. I think it sums up his personality; out there, flamboyant, but sweet at heart.
And finally, 11) Do you always read the book before the movie adaption comes out?
That would be a big fat yes. I refuse to see a movie unless I’ve read the book. Pet hate coming out right there.
Now for my nominees!
I hope that all of you have as much fun with this as I did! So the rules are, that you now have to answer my 11 questions (if you choose to of course), link back to me, and then nominate a further 11 blogs with under 200 followers, and provide them with a new 11 questions to answer. I just wanted to say that I looked through all your blogs, loved them, and wanted to share them with even more people. 🙂
And so, my questions to you are:
- If you could visit any fictional place, where would it be?
- If you could ask an author any question and be given an honest answer, what would you ask?
- If you could ask an author about the life of a character(s) after the end of a book, who would you ask about?
- Where is your favourite place to read?
- What book will always make you laugh, no matter how many times you read it?
- What is a book that you love, but other people just don’t ‘get’?
- What’s your most recent read?
- If you were given the power to be able cast a single wizarding spell from Harry Potter, what would you want it to be?
- What makes or breaks a book for you? (As an example, if a book has amazing one-liners then I’m sold.)
- Is there a book that you have ever physically thrown across the room or had to put down? If so, what was it?
- Why do you blog about books?
So I hope you all have fun, and I really must thank you Alina for nominating me! This really did make me laugh, and I hope it does for all of you too.